Tuesday, October 18, 2005

the things that I prize, like the stars in the skies, are all free































Oh, I got plenty o' nuttin'
And nuttin's plenty for me
I got no car, got no mule
I got no misery

I got no lock on de door
Dat's no way to be
Dey kin steal de rug from de floor
Dat's okeh wid me
'Cause de things dat I prize
Like de stars in de skies
All are free


Oh, I got plenty o' nuttin'
And nuttin's plenty for me
I got the sun, got the moon
Got the deep blue sea

I ain't frettin 'bout hell
'Till de time arrive
Never worry long as I'm well
Never one to strive
To be good, to be bad
What the hell
I is glad I's alive



I got plenty o' nottin
Porgy and Bess - George Gershwin




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

one word "Brilliant" Where do you dig up these poems m8?

13:21  
Blogger Paulo Duarte said...

You have to hear Porgy and Bess sang by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, it's great.

13:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just noticed that those Northern light photos you lov so much are taken in iceland by and icelandic photographer. Strange that I didnĀ“t notice it before:)

17:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home