Saturday, October 01, 2005

Politics - just shoot me, please

Like is common knowledge, Portugal is not the most developded country. As many think it's a good thing, I find it appaling. I don't like tradition, I feel society must evolve and not stick to old costumes, while sometimes they can be fun, specially if it comes to food and beverage, I get steam out of my head to figure how "the powers that be" can pass a law that allows for something like a barbarian slaughter of bulls just because it's "tradition", while it is already against the law to do it anywhere in the country, but that's just me, seems everyone is fine with it.

But the thing that troubles my mind today is the Municipal elections. As I spoken before, I hate politicians, well, not really hate, that would be such a waste of emotions, and they don't deserve that. They're just a modern gang of blood-leecher thugs. (of course with some, few exceptions)
Bush got re-election, Washington DC has already re-elected a crack head mayor, and in that tradition polls tell me that we're about to re-elect a mayor that had an arrest warrant and flew out to Brasil. How can someone in their perfect mind go and vote on such a person is beyond my wildest imagination.

Just to end this, I learned today that if someone is in an election list not only he has a 15 day holliday for campaign, also gets immunity. Priceless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:O) Makes me glad that I live in one of the most developed countries in the world :OD

11:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home